Saturday, October 23, 2010

Game Plan with My Students: Week 7

As I sit and think about how I will be able to use the game plan with my students, I can't help but remember what our text book tells us about implementing and following through with a successful game plan. According to Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer (2009) the GAME plan is a four step guide to help teachers and their students become better self-directed learner. The GAME plan requires you to think about and take steps to direct your learning process, specifically while learning about technology and how to integrate it into your curriculum each and everyday. I can't but think about the word proficiency, which forces us as educators to prepare them everyday and give them the opportunity to use technology daily so they can get better and better with it.

According to http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-students: I will continue to work with my students in the following areas:
•Demonstrate creativity and innovation
•Communicate and collaborate
•Conduct research and use information
•Think critically, solve problems, and make decisions
•Use technology effectively and productively.

As I continue to prepare my students future which is going to be fully 21st century by the time they are adults, it is imperative that our students know how to function properly in each of these areas on a daily basis. My students must know how to work collaboratively and cooperatively in groups and at the same time remain proficient in these areas.

Lastly, the game plan is a great process for allowing you to stay consistent with a plan and see it completely through. Since it is such a great tool for teachers, it will allow me to continue using the process to prepare my students for future technology work.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    When my mom retired about 10 years ago I told her it was probably good that she did since she was not very good with computers. Now this type technology is used everywhere within the schools and I agree with you about the students future being fully 21st century by the time they are adults and so we need to have those same skills now. I know as I use the GAME plan format with my students I will continue to use it for myself.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,

    You make a great point. My mother is a retired teacher as well, and it is a good thing she retired when she did as well. She is clueless about computers. As I work through the Game Plan with my students, my skills will get stronger as well. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete