Sunday, October 17, 2010

Revising My Game Plan: Week #6

As I take a look at my Game Plan, I have not had to revise much at all, except again for the time effort of getting a lot done in such a short period of time. The aspect of Social Networking has played a very big part in the developing of my Game Plan as a whole. Again, I have already developed my student's Blog spot (www.mathsciencesandbox.blogspot.com). We are going to practice next week blogging about the past semester as practice of how to blog correctly. I will be able to manage this, because the students will be able to blog about their own progress.

1. What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?

As I look at my instructional practices I am very inspired that I have been able to facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity, because my students are very excited about learning more about blogging and they are eager to get started. Another area in my instructional practice was to get others in the school involved with the process of teaching or students how to promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility when it comes to Internet practice. Our school now have a school wide letter about student email and Internet practice so we are all on the same page with that effort. My students are set to present their blog site to our parents at our parent meeting in November. I am very excited about getting the parents involved and allowing the students to display their learning.

2. What goals are you still working toward? I am still working on trying to get all of my letters back from my students so they can all participate on the blog spot. I made a host of phone calls this past week to remind the parents to send those letters back so all students can be involved in such a great learning experience.

3. Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself? My new learning goals now would be for my students to use technology effectively and productively, also learn how to communicate and collaborate.

4. If you are not ready to set new learning goals, how will you extend what you have learned so far? With our new blog spot, as a community we are ready now to extend our learning.

5. What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning? The next step that we will take as a learning community is to learn how to conduct research and use that information to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    It sounds like you are moving forward. I did have two questions. First, you talked about how you got the whole school involved in the digital citizenship and responsibility. Did that just involve your building or was it the whole school district? Second what will you do if you do not get all the permission slips in by the time you want to start blogging? I tend to have the same problem with getting parent permission so I wanted to know what you did.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I sounds like you have made some really great progess. It must be frusterating to wait for tall of the permission letters to come in to get started with all of your projects. In our class video this week I noticed it was mentioned a few times how important it is to educate parents. Sounds like you are doing that by having them come in to view the class blog. If the parents are not on board, the studetns will hve less sucess. I wonder if it will still be this way 10 years from now? When these studetns you have become parents they might be more understanding of the need for technology in the classroom... and the need to get permission letters back in time. :)

    ReplyDelete